Happy Monday and happy New Year, everyone! We’re happy to say that 2020 is over and we’re starting on a fresh page for 2021. As we mentioned last week, 50% of Americans make New Year’s resolutions ranging from trying to eat healthier and get in shape to spending less and saving for big purchase items. What are your resolutions for this year? Start this week, month and year on a high note with our list of the trends you should know.
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- College Football National Championship - Jan. 11
- Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day – Jan. 17
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Jan. 18
- Inauguration Day – Jan. 20
Trends You Should Know
- We referenced New Year’s resolutions above and if you haven’t thought of yours yet, don’t fret – here are some achievable ones you can choose for 2021. Options include “cook one new thing each week,” ”create a cleaning schedule,” and “sanitize your phone weekly.” On the flip side, if you’re not finding the right inspiration or changing your mind about your resolutions, you may find yourself in good company; Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day is right around the corner.
- A new streaming service launches today. Discovery+ is now available in the U.S., with plans to expand to 25 markets across the globe within the year. The platform features over 55,000 episodes of current and exclusive content from channels like HGTV, Food Network, TLC and, of course, Discovery Channel. Viewers can try out the service with a 7-day free trial before paying $4.99 or $6.99 (ad free) for the subscription.
- Now that football season is wrapping up, with the National Championship merely days away, college officials have set their sights on plans for the upcoming basketball season. The NCAA announced today that they’ve created a new plan of action for the 2021 men’s basketball tournament, which was cancelled last year due to COVID-19. The tournament will mimic the NBA and follow a “bubble” format, with all games being played at venues in Indianapolis and the surrounding area. The tournament will kick off with Selection Sunday on March 14 and end with the championship game April 5.
We hope you all have an awesome rest of your week – we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!