Happy Monday, everyone, and welcome back to the blog! Hope you all had a great weekend and a great Super Bowl Sunday. Although I may have a chip on my shoulder for him, Tom Brady and the Buccaneers team played amazing last night and had a solid win over the Kansas City Chiefs. The Weeknd put on a dazzling performance and rocked the house. What was your favorite part of the night? For those who are mainly watching for the commercials, we don’t blame you. There were some great additions this year including commercials for M&Ms, Fiverr, Toyota and Rocket Mortgage. The full list, if you want to re-watch them all, can be seen here. Now that we’re out of the food coma from yesterday, it’s time to prepare yourself for the rest of the week!
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- Lunar New Year – Feb. 12
- Galentine’s Day – Feb. 13
- Valentine’s Day – Feb. 14
- Presidents’ Day – Feb. 15
- National Random Acts of Kindness Day – Feb. 17
- National Love Your Pet Day – Feb. 20
Trends You Should Know
- Last item to note for the Super Bowl! If you haven’t entered already, Mtn Dew’s (Mountain Dew) $1 million contest is seemingly still up for grabs. Just count the number of Mtn Dew Major Melon bottles within their ad that aired during the Super Bowl and tweet your guess to the team using the hashtag “#MTNDEWMAJORMELON” to enter. The first person who gets the number correct gets the big prize – happy counting!
- Have you tried the viral feta pasta yet? The recipe that is all over Facebook, TikTok and other social media sites has been rumored to be so good that there was even a shortage of feta cheese in Finland. Made with a baked block of feta, roasted cherry tomatoes, herbs and pasta, we’re thrilled that comfort food this good is so easy to make. If you haven’t figured out your dinner plans yet, you may just have.
- The Golden Globes have caused quite the stir recently and not because of a celebrity host for the ceremony. Nominations were shared this week and people had some strong thoughts about shows and movies who were left off the list this year. Talked about shows and movies like “One Night in Miami,” “Dead To Me,” “Lovecraft Country,” and “Bridgerton” were all left standing while performances in “Prom” and “Emily in Paris” received nominations. Although female directors and their shows were nominated more this year than ever, foreign films and films showcasing race diversity were scarcely seen within the nominee categories.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and although you may not be able to venture out for a romantic night on the town, there are plenty of ways to show your partner you care from the comfort of your own home. From taking a salsa class for two via Zoom and creating a makeshift movie theatre inside using a bed sheet to recreating the dinner you had on your first date, the options are endless. Hope you all have a great rest of your week and a very happy Valentine’s Day – we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!