Happy Monday, everyone! It’s the last week of March and April is on the horizon, so here’s to warmer (hopefully) weather and Easter this weekend. Before the allergies start kicking in, let’s get you prepared to wrap up March and kick off a new month on a high note!
Upcoming Holidays & Observances
- April Fools’ Day – April 1
- Easter Sunday – April 4
- NCAA Women’s Championship game – April 4
- NCAA Men’s Championship game – April 5
Trends You Should Know
- It’s been quite the week for the social media manager at General Mills… Unless you’ve been taking a social media hiatus recently, you’ve surely heard about how a customer complaint on Twitter regarding a “mysterious” addition to his box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch went viral. As a public relations and digital marketing agency, we can’t help but look at this scenario with a magnifying glass and analyze what went wrong. The consensus? The entire situation could have been controlled almost immediately if a generic social media response wasn’t used. We see it a lot, especially from massive brands, and this was one of the times where giving a personalized response and addressing the situation head (or should we say tail?) on, could have remedied it almost immediately.
- Want to represent your state AND show your love of Sonic all at once? Have we got the perfect t-shirts for you! Sonic released a new line of t-shirts personalized for each state within the U.S. The brand added a touch of nostalgia with some fun puns and 50s-style graphics, perfect to wear on your next visit to get a cherry lime slush and a corndog. We’d recommend buying your shirt fast – not only are supplies limited, shipping takes six – eight weeks to arrive!
- With a new month on the horizon comes a new list of movies and television shows added to streaming services. Netflix announced their new additions for April and viewers will be able to watch fan-favorite movies like “Friends with Benefits” and “Legally Blonde” as well as new Netflix-originals including “Thunder Force” and season two of “The Circle.” The full list of the new binge-watch features can be seen here.
- It looks like Tik Tok is here to stay in the social media realm, with major companies starting to create social media manager roles specifically for the platform. Nerf is one of the first to create a dedicated one and publicize the posting on the app. If you think you’re the best person for the job, Nerf is hiring a Chief Tik Tok Officer to “dream up” their marketing for three months in exchange for $30,000. The application is open now!
We hope you have a great rest of your week and we’ll see you back on the blog next Monday!